These are a decadent and dainty confection - a perfect sweet bite, with a blend of the date and almond flavors. You really only need 1 or 2 to satisfy.
Algerian Stuffed Dates
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
This combination of dusky dates and tinted marzipan is a North African tradition.
Yield: 24 dates (serving size: 1 stuffed date)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 50
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 10.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 24 Medjool dates (about 1 pound)
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2/3 cup marzipan (almond paste)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center, but not through, each date; remove seeds.
- Sprinkle food coloring over marzipan, if desired; gently knead 4 to 5 times or until color is incorporated into marzipan. Divide marzipan mixture evenly among dates; stuff into slits. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Algerian Stuffed Dates Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers