- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 5 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup Gulden's® Yellow or Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/2 cup Hunt's® Tomato Ketchup
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head napa or savoy cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 12 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- Pickle spears, optional
- calories 638
- fat 38 g
- protein 31 g
How to Make It
Make Pulled Pork: Mix together kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar and ground mustard in small bowl. Rub spice blend all over pork. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 300°F. Place roast in roasting pan; roast 6 hours or until pork is tender and reaches internal temperature of 170°F.
Meanwhile, make Barbecue Sauce by combining vinegar, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, salt, red pepper and ground black pepper in small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
Shred meat; place shredded pork in bowl. Pour half of Barbecue Sauce over pork and stir well to coat.
For Spicy Coleslaw, combine Dijon mustard, granulated sugar, red pepper, cumin, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in large bowl. Whisk mixture until sugar dissolves. Add cabbage, carrots, apple and red onion to mayonnaise mixture. Toss to coat.
To serve, spoon pulled pork mixture onto bottom halves of hamburger buns. Top with Spicy Coleslaw. Serve with pickle spears and remaining Barbecue Sauce on side, if desired.