- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 butternut squash (2 1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Creme fraiche, optional
- calories 137
- fat 5 g
- protein 2 g
How to Make It
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
Add squash, broth, orange peel, orange juice and thyme to saucepan. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 40 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
Transfer mixture to blender container and puree in batches until soup is smooth; stir in salt and pepper. Top each serving with creme fraiche, if desired.
Serve with ALEXIA® WAFFLE CUT FRIES or ARTISAN CIABATTA ROLLS.