Alder-roasted Salmon with Dill and Cranberries
The festive topping of chopped dill and cranberries makes this the perfect grilled salmon recipe to serve to guests. Bake it in the oven, as suggested in the recipe, or cook in a covered grill over high heat.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dillweed
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons crushed pink and green peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (8-ounce) king salmon fillets, with skin
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Preheat alder plank* in 400° oven. Place salmon, skin side down, on plank; cover with butter mixture. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
- *We recommend a reusable alder plank with a trough cut in the center to hold juices. (See page 231 for a source.) If using a flat disposable alder plank, place in a shallow baking pan to collect drippings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note