Alder-Planked Salmon in an Asian-Style Marinade
- 1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8-inch) alder grilling plank
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Soak the plank in water to cover 1 hour; drain.
- To prepare grill for indirect grilling, heat one side of the grill to high heat (400 tp 500).
- Combine vinegar and the next 6 ingredients (vinegar through lemon) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Shake to combine. Add fish; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
- Place plank on grill grate over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; move to cool side of grill. Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place fish, skin side down, on charred side of plank. Grill salmon, covered with a grill lid, 15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes