This recipe was quite easy and very yummy. I wish some of the flavors could have soaked in more, but I'm not sure if marinating it for longer would have done much. It had a very light flavor that was not at all fishy, and I think the green onion definitely added something. We cooked it on a cedar plank, I don't know if that would have changed much, but I think it turned out just fine. We accompanied it with some grilled asparagus, and I think they made a good pair. I would definitely make this again!
Alder-Planked Salmon in an Asian-Style Marinade
If you can get your hands on a filleted side of salmon, this is the recipe to choose. After a quick dip in a soy marinade rounded out with honey, ginger, and lemon, the salmon is grilled over indirect heat. Keeping it on a plank is one way to ensure that this large cut of fish stays extra-moist.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 306
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 38.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 353mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8-inch) alder grilling plank
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Immerse and soak the plank in water 1 hour; drain.
- To prepare grill for indirect grilling, heat one side of the grill to high heat.
- Combine vinegar and the next 6 ingredients (vinegar through lemon) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Shake to combine. Add fish; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
- Place plank on grill rack over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; move to cool side of grill. Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade. Place fish, skin side down, on charred side of plank. Cover and grill 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note