Albondigas (Pork meatballs from Spain)
"Meatballs around the world" by Edmund Tuerina of the San Antonio Express-News. These meatballs are excellent served with a quick aioli of at least 2 cloves crushed garlic to 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Recipe from "The Foods and Wines of Spain," by Penelope Casas. Winston-Salem Journal: August 10, 2011.
- 1/2 pound(s) ground pork loin
- 7 tablespoon(s) minced parsley
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced onion
- 3 tablespoon(s) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, divided use
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dusting
- Oil, for frying
- 1. Combine pork, parsley, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, one of the eggs, salt and pepper. 2. Form into 1-inch balls, then roll them in flour. Heat oil, at least 1/2 inch deep, to the smoking point. Dip meatballs in remaining beaten egg and place directly in hot oil. Lower heat and fry slowly until well browned on all sides and cooked through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note