Albondigas (Mexican Meatball Soup)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) beef base
- 1 head(s) cabbage, cut into 2" chunks
- 4 stalk(s) celery, cut into 1" chunks
- 1.5 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 bag(s) fresh baby carrots
- 1 pound(s) ground sirloin
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 6 large chunks each
- 1 large white onion, cut into 2" chunks
- 2 cup(s) salsa, medium or hot
- 0.5 cup(s) uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 2 Zucchini squash, cut into 1" slices
- Fill a stock pot with 12 cups of water. Add beef base, salsa, garlic, onion, 1 cup cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- While waiting for the pot to boil, prepare meatballs by combining ground meat, egg, rice, remaining cilantro, worchestershire, salt and pepper to taste. Form into 2 inch balls.
- Once liquid is boiling, drop the meatballs in, one by one and do not stir. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, covered.
- Add all remaining veggies, except potatoes. Make sure everything is covered with liquid and cook 10-15 minutes. Add potoates for the last 6 minutes so they won't be mushy.
- If you like, add Tabasco to taste at the table.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 2Markeys and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Albondigas (Mexican Meatball Soup) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews