- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 pound Alaskan king crab meat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 cup butter, melted
How to Make It
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, shallot, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese and next 5 ingredients.
Remove phyllo from package; cut into 4 equal pieces, each about 3 inches wide. (Some brands divide dough into 2 sections. If using, cut each section in half. Each section will be larger than 3 inches wide.)
Unroll phyllo, and cover with a barely damp towel to keep it from drying out. Place 1 piece of phyllo on a surface, and brush lightly with melted butter. Top with another piece of phyllo. Place a heaping tablespoon of crab mixture at the edge of the strip. Fold top corner of phyllo over seafood, creating a triangle. Continue to fold over the triangle, and brush with butter to seal edge. Place on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo, crab mixture, and butter.
Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.