Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- coarse salt
- 2 large egg yolks room temperature
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 3/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1. Chop garlic, and add a pinch of salt. Mash into a paste with a knife's flat edge or a mortar and pestle.
- 2. Whisk egg yolks with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Slowly add lemon juice and water, and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- 3. Add about 1/4 cup olive oil, drop by drop, whisking until emulsified.
- 4. Gently whisk in remaining oil in a steady trickle. Stir in the garlic.
- TO STORE: refrigerate, covered, up to 2 days. If aioli separates, whisk 1 egg yolk with 1 tablespoon tepid water in a bowl. Gradually whisk in aioli until combined. Then whisk in 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Aioli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments