Community Recipe from
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- Mince and mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt using a large heavy knife. Whisk together yolk, lemon juice, and mustard in a bowl. Combine oils and add, a few drops at a time, to yolk mixture, whisking constantly, until all oil is incorporated and mixture is emulsified. (If mixture separates, stop adding oil and continue whisking until mixture comes together, then resume adding oil.)
- Whisk in garlic paste and season with salt and pepper.
- If aïoli is too thick, whisk in 1 or 2 drops of water. Chill, covered, until ready to use.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Aioli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments