- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup bourbon
- 5 cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups raisins
- 3 cups candied red cherries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups candied red pineapple, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups candied green pineapple, chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange rind
How to Make It
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Dissolve soda in milk; stir into creamed mixture.
Sift together flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir well after each addition. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.