- 1 1/4 pounds sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded serrano chile
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 medium mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced Roma tomato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes: chopped avocado, mint sprigs, salmon roe
How to Make It
Dice tuna into 1/3-inch cubes, discarding fibrous tissue, and place in a glass bowl. Toss tuna gently with olive oil and next 3 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Just before serving, add green onion and next 3 ingredients, and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange in martini glasses, and garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Chef John Recommends: An aromatic Sauvignon Blanc. Alternative Pours: A Gewürztraminer, Riesling, Viognier, or Muscat to complement the mango.