Delicious but a little complicated. Good for a small special dinner but not for everyday. Got a "wow" from from friends when I brought them to the table. Skipped the lime syrup but imagine it will be even better with it.
Look for seaweed salad with the prepared sushi in your grocery store.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound sashimi-grade ahi tuna, finely diced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons ogo or seaweed salad, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Maui or other sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 2 Hawaiian or jalapeÃ±o chiles, minced
- Avocado Salsa
- Kaffir Lime Syrup
- Garnishes: fried won ton strips, fresh cilantro, and chili oil
- Combine tuna and next 7 ingredients in a bowl; toss gently. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Spoon Avocado Salsa evenly into 6 martini glasses. Top each evenly with tuna mixture; drizzle each with 2 tablespoons Kaffir Lime Syrup. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note