Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 block(s) soft tofu
- oil for deep frying
- 3/4 cup(s) dashi or Japanese fish stock
- 4 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) sake
- 2 tablespoon(s) mirin
- 3/4 tablespoon(s) confectioner's sugar
- Cut the tofu into small pieces. Bloat each with paper towels and coat with corn starch. Set aside.
- Bring all the ingredients of tentsuyu sauce to gentle simmer in a small sauce pan. Do not bring to a full boil.
- Heat up the oil in a wok a frying pan and deep fry to tofu until they turn light brown or crispy. Please take note that the corn starch coating will not turn to golden brown easily. Remove the deep-fried tofu and drain the excess oil on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve, place a few pieces of tofu in a small bowl and pour some tentsuyu sauce on the tofu. Garnish with some grated daikon, chopped scallions and dried bonito flakes. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by valerial and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note