I have been making these for years. I marinate my shrimp in Italian dressing for at least 1 hour. I put them on the grill and let it flame up to crisp the bacon and steam the shrimp. Very delicious...make sure to take out all the seeds and the white ribs inside or they will be very spicy!
Serve with a spicy queso dip.
Yield: Makes 6 appetizer servings
- 12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Cut a slit in each jalapeño pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.
- Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a jellyroll pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is cooked. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note