African Peanut Soup
Slightly spicy peanut soup with shredded chicked
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 red onions, medium size chopped
- 1 bell peppers chopped
- 1 bell peppers, yellow chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, large minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 28 ounce(s) canned tomatoes (diced)
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red peper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup(s) crunchy peanut butter
- Cook first five ingredients over medium heat until onions become transulcent. Add tomatoes, broth, and peppers, bring to a boil. Add chicken and peanut butter, simmer about 15 minutes, stir well for smooth texture.
- Note: if you add more chicken and vegetables (such as zucchini, more peppers or eggplant, or pumpkin) and slightly decrease the amount of broth, this makes a good stew to serve over either couscous or rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note