African Peanut Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 red onions, medium size chopped
- 1 bell peppers chopped
- 1 bell peppers, yellow chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, large minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 28 ounce(s) canned tomatoes (diced)
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red peper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup(s) crunchy peanut butter
- Cook first five ingredients over medium heat until onions become transulcent. Add tomatoes, broth, and peppers, bring to a boil. Add chicken and peanut butter, simmer about 15 minutes, stir well for smooth texture.
- Note: if you add more chicken and vegetables (such as zucchini, more peppers or eggplant, or pumpkin) and slightly decrease the amount of broth, this makes a good stew to serve over either couscous or rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes