Marinate whole chicken or chicken parts, pork butt, or pork shoulder for up to 3 hours; marinate shrimp (shell on or off) for 20 minutes. My guess is that this might also be good with pork chops and butterflied pork tenderloin. My guess is that adding some mesquite chips to the grill might also be good and help to accentuate the smokiness in this dish.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) ancho chile powder
- 1/2 small onion coarsely chopped
- 5 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 2 canned chipotle chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the chili powder, onion, garlic, chipotle chilies, rosemary, and orange juice in a blender and puree on high speed until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and whisk in the oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. May cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Grilled chicken legs: 5 minutes per side for approx. 18 minutes, covered grill, medium-high heat.
- Grilled Chicken Breasts: 5 minutes per side, covered, on a "high" medium-high...meaning less than 5 second hand count, preferably right at 3.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandofan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Adobo Marinade Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes