This appetizer is delicious! The warm goat cheese compliments the spicy salsa well. I often substitue multi-grain chips to save time. This is one of our favorite appetizer recipes!!!
Adobo Chips with Warm Goat Cheese and Cilantro Salsa
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 95
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 4.4mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 131mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatillos (about 4 medium)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 8 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese
- To prepare salsa, remove 2 chipotle chiles from can; finely chop to measure 2 teaspoons. Remove 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can, and set aside (reserve remaining chipotle chiles and adobo sauce for another use). Combine chiles, cilantro, tomatillos, onion, and 1/4 cup lime juice in a medium bowl; cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare chips, combine 2 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, canola oil, adobo sauce, paprika, and cumin in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Brush 1 tortilla with about 1/4 teaspoon juice mixture, spreading to edge. Top with another tortilla; repeat procedure with juice mixture. Repeat procedure 6 more times (you will have 1 stack of 8 tortillas). Using a sharp knife, cut tortilla stack into 6 wedges. Place wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes; turn wedges. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- To prepare cheese, combine cream cheese and goat cheese in a small bowl; stir until blended. Spread cheese mixture into a shallow 6-ounce ramekin or baking dish; cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or just until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers