Acorn Squash With Gorgonzola
- 2 acorn squash (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- 1. Pierce squash with a knife in several places. Place squash directly on middle rack in oven.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until just tender. Remove from oven; cool.
- 3. Cut each squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut each half into two wedges. Arrange, skin side down, on a lightly greased roasting pan. Brush cut sides with shortening. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Combine cheese and raisins. Top each squash wedge with cheese mixture, and sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs; drizzle with remaining shortening.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note