Acorn Squash Soup
The delicate flavor of winter squash is enhanced by cinnamon and other spices in this creamy soup fit for the holiday table.
Yield: 7 1/2 cups
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Cut squash in half crosswise; remove seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender; cool. Scoop out pulp, discarding shells.
- Sauté onion in butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add brown sugar; cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Add squash pulp; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add broth and next 4 ingredients. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Process soup, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return soup to Dutch oven; simmer 5 minutes. Drizzle each serving with a little whipping cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This