Acorn Squash Cake
Yield: 9 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cooked, mashed acorn squash
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Streusel Topping
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg, beating well. Stir in squash and vanilla.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed after each addition. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts