Achiote-rubbed Roast Pork Loin
Photo: Jean Allsopp
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1/4 cup Achiote Rub
- 2 large beets, quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 3/4 cup Mamey Coulis
- Rub pork loin with Achiote Rub. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Place pork in a large roasting pan; arrange beets and onion around pork. Drizzle beets and onion with olive oil; sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 425° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of pork registers 155°. Remove from oven; let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°.
- Toss roasted vegetables with sherry vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Slice pork roast into thick slices. Arrange pork over vegetables and sliced avocado; drizzle with Mamey Coulis.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This