How can you go work with steak and veggies? This was an amazing dinner! The grilled veggies were superb and the steak was mouthwatering. I cooked this on the George Foreman and did not change a thing to the recipe. There ended up being so many leftovers, which is always great for busy nights!
Photo: Tina Cornett
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small tomato
- 2 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved
- 3 jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Burgundy Mole Sauce
- Sweet Salsa
- Pico De Gallo
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Cut a thin slice from top and bottom of onion and tomato; discard. Cut onion and tomato into 2 slices.
- Grill onion, steaks, and peppers, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 minutes, turning after 7 minutes. Add tomato, and grill, turning occasionally, 3 minutes. Add tortillas, and grill 1 minute on each side or until crisp. Remove vegetables and tortillas; remove steaks (medium-rare), or continue grilling to desired degree of doneness.
- Place tortillas on individual serving plates; top evenly with peppers, tomato, Burgundy Mole Sauce, steaks, and onion. Serve with Sweet Salsa and Pico de Gallo, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes