Abuelita's Ropa Vieja
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless beef brisket or flank steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Margherita Smooth Pasta Sauce*
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 3 teaspoons Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 cup water
- Season brisket with 2 teaspoons Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon.
Heat oil in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Remove brisket and set aside.
Cook green peppers in same saucepot, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients. Add brisket. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is tender.
Remove from heat. Remove brisket and cool slightly. Shred brisket with two forks, then return to in sauce mixture; heat through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.
Preparation time: 15 Minute(s)
Cook time: 45 Minute(s)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes