Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 3 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in caraway seeds and white wine.
- Shape dough into a ball, and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned (may be slightly soft in center). Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This