75 South Summer Cocktail from The Seven Lamps Restaurant
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) fresh strawberries
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar divided
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1 ounce(s) vodka
- 1/4 ounce(s) lemon juice
- 4 ounce(s) dry sparkling wine (champagne or prosecco)
- Begin by making the strawberry syrup: Place strawberries & 1 cup granulated sugar in a medium boiler. Allow to macerate for 20 minutes. Add 3 cups water & bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes, uncovered, or until the mixture is reduced by a third. Place remaining 1 cup granulated sugar in a medium, heat-proof bowl. Strain juice into the bowl. Stir well to dissolve. Chill for at least 30 minutes before using. This makes about 1 quart. Store unused syrup in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- To make the cocktail: In a mixing glass or cocktail shaker pour vodka, 1/2 ounce strawberry syrup, and lemon juice. Shake with ice & strain into a champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine & garnish with a lemon twist.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
75 South Summer Cocktail from The Seven Lamps Restaurant Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Alcoholic