60-Minute Walnut Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- Walnut Topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl. Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make stiff batter.
Spoon into 18 greased or paper lined 2-1/2 inch muffin pan cups. (Muffin cups should be half full). Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Walnut Topping.
Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze, if desired.
Walnut Topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, walnuts, butter and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
Powdered Sugar Glaze: Stir together powdered sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch