40 Cloves Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 40 clove(s) garlic
- 3 whole(s) carrots
- 6 whole(s) baby red potatoes
- 1/2 pound(s) pearl onions
- 1 whole(s) chicken fryer
- Soak top and bottom of 2-5 lbs clay cooker in water for 30 minutes; drain.
- Combine olive oil, rosemary, thyme, sage, and lemon juice in a large zip-top bag. Shake and smash bag to mix. Add garlic cloves, carrots, potatoes, and pearl onions. Seal bag and turn until all vegetables are coated. Scoop out the vegetables (reserving the marinade) and place them around the outer edge of the clay cooker, leaving room for the chicken in the center.
- Use the remaining marinade to coat the chicken, rubbing it into the skin. Place the chicken in the center of the clay cooker, breast-side up. Cover with clay pot lid.
- Place in a cold oven and set temperature to 475 degrees F. (250 degrees C.). Bake until chicken is tender and juices run clear when thigh is pierced, about 1-1/4 hours. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes until chicken is crisp and brown.
- Carve chicken and drizzle with pot gravy. Serve with the whole garlic cloves, and vegetables.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mebearden and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note