I made this for a 15 year old boys birthday and it was a hit! so moist and delicious, i doubled the recipe and made two large double layer cakes and they were simply the best thing at the party!
4-Layer Dark Chocolate-Raspberry Cake
Looking for the perfect Valentine's Day Dessert? Try this luscious dark chocolate raspberry cake with a vibrant pink filling and a rich dark chocolate frosting.
Yield: Makes 12 to 15 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Raspberry Filling
- Dark Chocolate Frosting
- Garnish: fresh raspberries
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together eggs and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer just until blended. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and a wooden pick inserted in center of each layer comes out almost clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Split layers horizontally. Spread Raspberry Filling evenly between layers. Spread Dark Chocolate Frosting on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts