I made these for a bake sale because they looked quick and easy to make, and they were. However, I noticed the chocolate layer was a bit soft, so I strongly suggest keeping them chilled in the fridge so the chocolate doesn't melt. They were a big hit and many asked for the recipe, so I call that a successful recipe.
4-Layer Cookie Bars
- 16-oz. pkg. rectangular buttery crackers
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Line the bottom of a buttered 13"x9" baking pan with a single layer of crackers; set aside. Melt margarine in a heavy saucepan; add sugars, graham cracker crumbs and milk. Heat over medium-high heat until sugars dissolve, stirring often; spread over crackers in pan. Arrange another single layer of crackers on top; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; heat over low heat until melted, stirring until smooth and creamy. Spread over crackers; set aside until firm. Cut into bars to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies