4 Hour No-Knead Artisan Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) Bread flour, more for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Instant yeast granules
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Warm tap water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil or any combination of flavor infused oils
- 2 tablespoon(s) Any dried seasonings, herbs or rubs (optional)
- 1. In a large 4 qt. stainless mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add 1 1/2 cups warm water and oil mixture, stirring until blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky. Cover bowl with towel. Let dough rest about 2 hours at most, at room temperature. (Dough will have almost doubled)
- 2. Dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles. Liberally flour a pastry mat or cutting board, place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold dough over on itself 3 or 4 times. Place in greased DCB, cover and let stand on the counter for 1 1/2 - 2 hours to rise.
- 3. If you like, brush with a flavored oil or just leave plain. Bake for 30 minutes, then take the lid off. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes if needed until the bread is golden brown on top. Cool on rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cookinmomma and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
4 Hour No-Knead Artisan Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads