4 Cheese Stuffed Shells
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Recipe By :Rachael Ray
- Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Main Dish Pasta
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- -------- ------------ ------------ --------- --------- --
- Salt -- as needed
- 8 pieces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 pounds ricotta cheese
- = (or part skim ricotta cheese)
- 1 pound mozzarella -- diced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup shredded Asiago
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves -- chopped
- 1 small onion -- finely chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes - (28 oz)
- Salt -- to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves - (to 7) -- torn or shredded
- Preheat oven or broiler to 450 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt water and add pasta. Cook shells 12 to 15 minutes, they should be softened but still undercooked at the center. Drain pasta and cool.
- Combine ricotta, 1/2 of the diced mozzarella, a couple of handfuls of Parmigiano and 1/2 of the Asiago. Add parsley to the cheeses and stir to combine.
- To a small saucepot over moderate heat add oil, garlic and onions. Saute onions and garlic 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and season sauce with salt and pepper. Simmer sauce 5 minutes and stir in basil leaves
- Pour a little sauce into the bottom of a shallow medium-sized casserole dish. Fill shells with rounded spoonfuls of cheese mixture and arrange them seam-side down in casserole dish. Top shells with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella and Asiago cheeses. Place shells in very hot oven or 8 inches from hot broiler and cook 6 to 8 minutes to melt cheeses and bubble sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
4 Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes