Love this recipe. I never liked chili before this recipe. My kids and husband Love it! And when friends hear I'm making it they help but come join us. Wouldn't try another recipe ever! I've alsoused ground turkey, no-one knows the difference. As well as just one pound of meat on those tight months.
Who has time to let Chili simmer all day? Get the same slow-cooked flavor in this quick and easy 30-Minute recipe.
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onion
- 2 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16-oz.) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can small red beans, undrained
- 1. Brown beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return beef to Dutch oven; sprinkle evenly with seasoning mix, and sauté 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- 2. Stir in diced tomatoes and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Italian-Style Chili: Substitute 1 lb. Italian pork sausage and 1 lb. lean ground beef for 2 lb. lean ground beef. Remove casings from sausage, and discard; brown sausage and ground beef together as directed. Omit beans, and stir in 1 small onion, diced; 1 green bell pepper, diced; 2 small zucchini, diced; and remaining ingredients. Proceed with recipe as directed. Serve chili over hot cooked spaghetti noodles tossed with olive oil and chopped fresh cilantro. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Prep: 10 min., Cook: 25 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note