I've been making this recipe since high school. Over the years, I've added or modified ingrediants to come up with the what I beleive is one really tasty lasagna recipe. My brother- in - law used to request my lasagna for his actual birthday present! Now that's a compliment.
3 Cheese Lasagna
A 3 cheese lasagna that will please even the pickiest of eaters.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef / hamburger
- 1 jar(s) marinara sauce 24 oz.
- 1 can(s) stewed tomatoes 14.5 oz.
- 1 can(s) tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 4 cup(s) each of shredded Sharp Cheddar & Monterey Jack & Mozzerella chees
- 1 container(s) lowfat cottage cheese 12 oz.
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced dried onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) tiger sauce
- 1 box(es) lasagna noodles
- Will need a 9.5" X 13.5" Baking dish, glass or metal pan. I cook my lasagna in a metal 15" x 10" baking pan, but those are hard to find.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring water to boil, add oil and salt to water.
- Mince garlic and set aside. Drain excess liquid from stewed tomatoes and chop/dice into smaller portions, then set aside.
- Once water is boiling, add lasagna noodles and cook per package directions.
- In large pan or skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced garlic. Drain fat, wipe excess from skillet, return beef to pan.
- Over medium heat, add all ingrediants except shredded cheeses, cottage cheese and noodles.
- Bring sauce to boil, cover and simmer while noodles boil. The longer you simmer the sauce, the better your lasagna will taste.
- When noodles are done and rinsed, remove the sauce from heat. Also, remove and discard the bay leaves. Carefully blend in cottage cheese to sauce.
- Spray baking dish or pan with a non-stick spray oil.
- Now start by adding a layer of noodles, then roughly half the sauce,making sure to cover noodles completely. Now add half of the 3 cheeses. Now start the layering process again.
- Cook at 350 degrees 20 - 25 minutes. Let stand approx. 5 minutes or longer before cutting and serving portions.
- Enjoy! :)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jeanneweanie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note