I've been making this recipe since high school. Over the years, I've added or modified ingrediants to come up with the what I beleive is one really tasty lasagna recipe. My brother- in - law used to request my lasagna for his actual birthday present! Now that's a compliment.
3 Cheese Lasagna
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef / hamburger
- 1 jar(s) marinara sauce 24 oz.
- 1 can(s) stewed tomatoes 14.5 oz.
- 1 can(s) tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 4 cup(s) each of shredded Sharp Cheddar & Monterey Jack & Mozzerella chees
- 1 container(s) lowfat cottage cheese 12 oz.
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced dried onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) tiger sauce
- 1 box(es) lasagna noodles
- Will need a 9.5" X 13.5" Baking dish, glass or metal pan. I cook my lasagna in a metal 15" x 10" baking pan, but those are hard to find.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring water to boil, add oil and salt to water.
- Mince garlic and set aside. Drain excess liquid from stewed tomatoes and chop/dice into smaller portions, then set aside.
- Once water is boiling, add lasagna noodles and cook per package directions.
- In large pan or skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced garlic. Drain fat, wipe excess from skillet, return beef to pan.
- Over medium heat, add all ingrediants except shredded cheeses, cottage cheese and noodles.
- Bring sauce to boil, cover and simmer while noodles boil. The longer you simmer the sauce, the better your lasagna will taste.
- When noodles are done and rinsed, remove the sauce from heat. Also, remove and discard the bay leaves. Carefully blend in cottage cheese to sauce.
- Spray baking dish or pan with a non-stick spray oil.
- Now start by adding a layer of noodles, then roughly half the sauce,making sure to cover noodles completely. Now add half of the 3 cheeses. Now start the layering process again.
- Cook at 350 degrees 20 - 25 minutes. Let stand approx. 5 minutes or longer before cutting and serving portions.
- Enjoy! :)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jeanneweanie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes