20-Minute Chicken Enchiladas from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) prechopped onion
- 1 cup(s) unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 (15oz) can(s) unsalted tomato sauce
- 3 cup(s) shredded boneless, skinless cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15oz) can(s) unsalted black beans rinsed & drained
- 12 (6") corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 3 ounce(s) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup(s) chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Reserve 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture. Add chicken and beans to the pan; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
- 3. Stack tortillas; wrap stack in damp paper towels and microwave at HIGH for 25 seconds. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange tortillas, seam side down, in bottom of a 13x9" glass or ceramic baking dish covered with cooking spray. Top with reserved sauce and cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Top with tomato and cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
20-Minute Chicken Enchiladas from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes