Made it for my friends and family. They all loved it just left out beans, it was still good.
20-Minute Chicken Enchiladas
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 374
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 31.2g
- Carbohydrate: 35.2g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 569mg
- Calcium: 189mg
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 15 ounces)
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Reserve 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture. Add chicken and beans to pan; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
- 3. Stack tortillas; wrap stack in damp paper towels and microwave at HIGH for 25 seconds. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange tortillas, seam sides down, in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with reserved sauce and cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Top with tomato and cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note