2 for 2 Pot Roast n Vegetable Beef Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots cut in 2 in. pieces
- 2 celery stalks cut in 2 in. pieces
- 4 med. potatoes in large cubes
- 4 peeled whole garlic cloves
- 1 to 2 cups broth or water
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 10oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 16 oz can pureed tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cups broth or water
- Pot Roast
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Note:This can also be prepared stove top or in a crockpot.
- Season chuck roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Add 1 tbsp canola oil to a large oven proof skillet or dutch oven and brown the chuck on both sides.
- To the same pan layer onions, garlic, celery, carrots and potatoes (potatoes on top).
- Add 1 to 2 cups broth or water and bay leaves.
- Add additional salt, pepper and garlic powder if desired.
- Cover and place in oven or simmer on stove until meat is tender about 3 to 3.5 hours. Crock pot for 6 to8 hours.
- When meat is tender remove and cool for 5 minute and slice against the grain. Serve carrots, celery, onion and 1/2 the potatoes. Drizzle with broth.
- Reserve leftovers including broth for soup.
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Take leftover beef and potatoes and dice.
- Dice one onion and one stalk celery.
- Saute onion and celery in soup pot.
- Add meat, potatoes and broth to soup pot.
- Add 1 (1012 oz) bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Add 1 (16 oz) can of pureed tomatoes.
- Add 1/4 1/2 tsp of dried thyme to taste.
- Add additional broth or water to bring to soup consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by plmartin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note