1994 Carrot-Sweet Potato Purée
Update: Substituted canned sweet potatoes for fresh sweet potatoes; included sour cream and grated lemon rind instead of yogurt.
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Microwave carrot and 3/4 cup water in a glass bowl at HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Process carrot and butter in a food processor until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Process sweet potatoes until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add to carrot mixture.
- Stir together sweet potato mixture, sour cream, and remaining ingredients. Spoon into a 1 1/2-quart glass dish. Cover and chill up to 2 days, if desired; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
1994 Carrot-Sweet Potato Purée Recipe at a Glance