- 3/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dry sherry*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Honey-Mustard Dressing
How to Make It
Stir together first 5 ingredients; set 1/2 cup mixture aside.
Pour remaining soy sauce mixture evenly into 2 heavy-duty zip-top plastic bags. Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and place asparagus spears in 1 bag. Add chicken to remaining bag. Seal and chill at least 2 hours.
Drain chicken and asparagus, discarding marinade. Place chicken on a lightly greased roasting pan. Place asparagus in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
Stir together reserved 1/2 cup soy sauce mixture, mustard, and sesame seeds. Pour 1/2 cup mixture over chicken and remaining 1/4 cup over asparagus.
Bake chicken at 425° for 5 minutes. Place asparagus in oven, and bake chicken and asparagus 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Cool, if desired. Place separately in zip-top plastic bags, and chill 8 hours, if desired.
Arrange chicken, asparagus, and tomato over salad greens, and drizzle with Honey-Mustard Dressing.
* 1/3 cup pineapple juice may be substituted for the sherry.