Not the best suggestion for the 4th of July then, huh? Also quick question, is it good without the pecans either?
Starting with a cake mix makes a rich and gooey treat ready in no time.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Stir together cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter until combined; press mixture into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate morsels and chopped pecans.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs, powdered sugar, and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; spoon over crust mixture in pan. Bake at 325° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; cut into squares.
- Tip: You can use a fine wire-mesh strainer to sift powdered sugar. Place a portion of powdered sugar at a time in strainer, and gently shake it back and forth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note