Excellent. The longer it sits the better it tastes
16 Bean Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Hot Sausage
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 6 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 package(s) 16 dry Bean Soup
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Dried Basil
- 3 stalk(s) Celery Sliced thinly
- 1/2 pound(s) Baby Carrots cut in half
- 2 can(s) Chicken Stock
- 1 can(s) Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 cube(s) Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Slice casings of sausage meat and crumble into a skillet. Add olive oil and saute over medium high heat until outside of sausage begins to brown. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic near end. Sausage meat does not need to cook, only brown slightly. Do not allow garlic to brown.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock, and transfer contents of pan to Crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients to Crockpot.
- Set Crockpot to high setting and cook for 2 hours, then cook an additional 3-5 hours on low setting or until beans are tender. Note: Do not allow to boil - choose a setting low enough to keep at a simmer only!
- Check occasionally to see if more liquid is required as beans expand during cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by crosscourt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note