This recipe is perfection. Use good quality honey and it is an amazing secret ingredient. Add some grilled marinaded chicken, wow. Thank you!
15-Minute Soba Noodle Recipe
* Handful of buckwheat soba noodles * 1/2 lime, squeezed * 1 tablespoon soy sauce * 2 teaspoons honey * 2 teaspoons sesame oil * 1/2 carrot, shredded * 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds * small handful of cilantro, cleaned and chopped * 1 tip of a green onion, cleaned and chopped * 1 teaspoon oil * 2 eggs
- 1 bag(s) Soba Noodles
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1/2 carrot sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro and green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) oil
- 2 eggs
- 1. In a medium pot fill with water and bring to boil. Drop noodles in and cook for 4 minutes at medium heat at a gentle boil.
- 2. Rinse carrots and herbs and pat dry. Shred carrot and set aside. Finely chop cilantro and green onion and mix with shredded carrots.
- 3. Test to see if noodles are semi firm, if so turn heat off immediately. Allow pasta to further cook in the hot water for an additional 2 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the dressing.
- 4. In a bowl combine lime juice, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Whisk well and set aside.
- 5. Test noodles for preferred firmness/softness and strain. Return noodles to pot and mix in carrots, herbs and dressing.
- 6. —-
- 7. In a medium pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Crack egg(s) carefully into pan and fry until edges are browned and whites are set (sunny side up). Flip over and cook for about 1 minute for over easy, ~ 2 minutes for over medium, ~3 minutes for over hard.
- 8. —
- 9. To serve: Place noodles in a bowl and top with fried eggs. Feel free to add a dash of chile powder or chile sauce for an extra punch!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Joyzhang and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note