15 layer Russian Honey Cake
This cake is a cake that people all over Russia eat. it's also a favorite that I bake at home. I'm russian and a very young inexperienced baker (since only am 14). This cake might take about an hour, but you will love it.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon(s) liquid honey
- 100g margarine or butter
- 2 cup(s) flour
- Cream filling and Coating
- 750g sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 250-300g crushed plain sweet biscuit crumbs for coating
- 1/2-1 cup(s) ground walnuts, for coating
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- 2. Beat eggs well with sugar, add baking soda and liquid honey (warm).
- 3. Melt the margarine/butter in a casserole or pot; add the mixture (margarine should not be too hot.
- 4. Put the casserole on a low heat, add the flour while mixing and mix until the mass is without lumps (the mixture will be very thick and very hard to stir). Remove from heat and cool.
- 5. Dip the dough in flour, divide, roll each layer very thin (1-2 mm), cut circles as round as possible (approx. 18cm diameter), and bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown in color, repeat with remaining dough and allow to cool before assembling.
- 6. Beat sour cream, sugar and honey until the sugar dissolves. the mixture will still be fairly liquid.
- 7. Coat each layer with a generous layer of cream, assemble the cake, coat sides with cream and sprinkle top and sides with crumbs and ground walnuts. Allow to sit at least 6 hours before eating.
- Hope you enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by belarussian and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note