Sorry, I meant I modified this recipe by adding raisins (1/2 cup) to the original recipe.
14-Carat Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot cake recipe from a 1970-ish copy of the Los Angeles Times California Cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups oil
- 2 cups grated raw carrots
- 8-1/2 oz can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 (3.5 oz) can coconut (about 1 cup)
- Sift together dry ingredients. Beat eggs and add sugar. Let stand until sugar dissolves, about 10 minutes. Stir in oil, carrots, drained pineapple, and nuts. Add to dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch layer cake pans, or one 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes for layer pans and about 45-55 minutes for 9x13 dish, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pans/dish 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost with:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine butter, cream cheese and vanilla in a large bowl and beat until well-blended. Gradually beat in sugar. If too thick, thin with milk to spreading consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rdfrazier3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note