100% Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Community Recipe from
- 2.25 cup(s) Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar
- Aside from their deep golden color, no one will guess these moist, tender, absolutely delicious muffins are 100% whole wheat.
- 2 1/4 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour or Premium Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk or plain (not Greek) yogurt; or 1 1/4 cups liquid whey*
- cinnamon-sugar or coarse white sparkling sugar for topping, optional
- *The liquid drained from plain yogurt when you make thick, Greek-style yogurt.
- 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease the cups of a standard muffin pan; or line with paper baking cups, and grease the paper cups.
- 2) Whisk together all of the dry ingredients, including the blueberries.
- 3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, vegetable oil, and buttermilk or whey.
- 4) Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just to combine.
- 5) Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them nearly full. A slightly heaped muffin scoop of batter is the right amount.
- 6) Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with coarse sparkling sugar or cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- 7) Bake the muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- 8) Remove the muffins from the oven, and after 5 minutes (or when they're cool enough to handle) transfer them to a rack to cool. Serve warm, or at room temperature. Store leftovers loosely wrapped at room temperature.
- Yield: 12 muffins.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rhettrob and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
100% Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes