- Taco Meat Filling:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (1.25 ounce) French's® Taco Seasoning
- Mazola® PURE™ Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup maza corn flour or corn meal
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very warm milk (120°F to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 cup corn chips, partially crushed
How to Make It
BROWN ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
MIX batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 9 1/2-inch deep dish pie plate.
TOP batter with taco meat filling. Pour salsa evenly over meat; sprinkle with shredded cheese and corn chips.
BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Recipe Note: If desired, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.