As a cook but not a baker, I've struggled over the years to make a decent, from-scratch chocolate chip cookie—until I found this recipe. It has become my go-to, absolute favorite and the cookies come out perfectly each and every time. But beware—the one cup, one spoon instructions are dangerously easy to memorize. We can be eating them fresh out of the oven less than 30 minutes after I walk into the kitchen!
1 Cup -1 Spoon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 2 stick(s) butter Cooled and lightly softened
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar (preferably dark)
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) real vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) Milk Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees
- Combine ingredients below into a large mixing bowl:
- 2 Sticks of high quality salted butter (lightly softened, do not over soften)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar (or light)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large spoon of real vanilla
- Use blender or mixer to lightly combine these ingredients together (don’t over mix)
- In the same bowl add the following ingredients:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 large spoon of baking soda
- ¼ large spoon of salt
- 2 cups of Milk Chocolate Chips
- Lightly mix until all flour has disappeared (don’t over mix)
- Put cookie batter in the refrigerator for 15-30 mins. Batter can also be kept in the fridge to be used at a later date.
- It is important to use a high quality non-stick cookie sheet.
- Use the large spoon or an ice cream scoop to place egg size balls of dough on cookie sheet about two finger widths apart.
- Depending on your oven cook for 12-18 minutes or until done. Remember they will still cook some after you pull them out of the oven.
- Let cool then enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by johnnyjeep and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes