1/2 Wheat Sourdough Sandwich Bread
- 3 cup(s) white all purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) sourdough starter
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cup(s) luke warm water
- 1 egg white
- Combine dry active yeast and luke warm water. Let it sit until it become frothy.
- Combine sourdough starter, yeast/water mixture, and three cups of white all purpose flour. Stir for approximately one minute. Mixture should be smooth and resembling a slightly wet dough. Let the dough rise for 4-5 hours. Then refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Add 2 cups of whole wheat flour, sugar, and salt. Knead dough until it is smooth and stretchy. Form the dough into whatever form. Use a loaf pan to make sandwich bread. Let the dough rise for 4-5 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 435 degrees. brush the risen loaves with egg white and cut slashes across the surface.
- Bake for approximately 25 - 30 min. Remove from oven and let cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by treeharrison and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note