YUM! This is easy to put together and perfectly seasoned. I read the other reviews and also brought the mixture to a boil on the stovetop before putting it in the oven...the rice cooked perfectly! Great low-maintenance delicious dish for a crowd!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven 4 to 5 minutes or until sausage is browned. Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes